Are you a Grand Rapids resident planning a community-focused project? You may be eligible for funding through the Neighborhood Match Fund (NMF)!
Specific projects designed to reduce gun violence may be eligible for up to $5,000. We may award up to three (3) contracts for projects lead by Grand Rapids residents that take place in Grand Rapids during the months of June, July and August 2020.
We'll give preference to groups or organizations that have successfully completed an NMF project.
- Build stronger connections (relationships) between neighbors
- Lift up resident leadership in the development and implementation of the project
- Promote social justice and inclusion
- Benefit the public
How to Apply
Learn how to apply with our step-by-step application guide here.(PDF, 154KB) Check out the guide in Spanish here.(PDF, 140KB)
We're accepting project idea applications through April 19, 2020.
Who can apply?
- Grand Rapids residents
- Informal resident groups (e.g. block clubs) in Grand Rapids
- Community-based organizations located in and serving Grand Rapids
You can only have one active NMF contract at a time. All reports and paperwork are due before you can apply for a new NMF contract.
The amount we award depends on the amount requested, project scope, alignment with NMF objectives and NMF balance. If awarded, you must spend the NMF dollars during the six-month contract period. You will also be required to match the amount awarded. This means for every dollar we award, you must match that amount with any combination of:
- Volunteer labor (valued at $20/hour)
- In-kind goods and services
- Cash donations
For example, an NMF contract for $500 could be matched with:
- $100 worth of volunteer labor
- $300 of in-kind/donated materials (e.g. food, supplies)
- $100 cash donation from a local business or from a grant